Looking for something different to make for brunch at the weekend? Try our favourite gravlax smørrebrød recipe. Not only does it look pretty, it tastes great too! Most of the time is in the prep work which can be done the night before if that’s easier for you. As always try to get the freshest organic ingredients and we like to use sustainably caught salmon.
For 6 servings:
- 6 slices of Danish rye bread – try to get the best you can with as many yummy nuts and seeds as possible
- 200g Gravlax (can be substituted with smoked salmon)
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- A bunch of parsley
- A bunch of dill
- 2 tablespoons dill sauce
- 3 radishes
- Horseradish sauce
- 5 tablespoons sour cream
- Cut rye bread into 1cm thick slices.
- Mix the sour cream, horseradish sauce, finely chopped dill, a tablespoon of dill sauce and a teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice. Add a pinch of salt and pepper to season.
- Chop radishes finely ready for assembly.
- Assembly. Arrange your rye bread slices and begin to layer. Start with the sauce, followed by the gravlax and a dash of dill sauce.
- Add the radish slices and sprigs of parsley to finish.
I hope you like it as much as we do! Try serving your smørrebrød alongside a green salad with fresh sliced apple, salad onions, green beans, lambs lettuce and some warm wax potatoes covered in butter and black pepper. Share your photos with us on Instagram by tagging @anna_annaliv